Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A patient or inmate in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
How to Apply for an Absentee Ballot
- Applications for Absentee Ballots are available from the Oneida County Board of Elections by calling 315-798-5765. You may also download a PDF version of the Absentee Ballot Application (CLICK HERE).
- Upon completion, applications must be mailed to Oneida County Board of Elections, Union Station, 321 Main Street 3rd Floor, Utica, NY 13501 no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election.